none
How to deploy Power BI Report Server without Service account/Active Directory? RRS feed

• Question

• I need to deploy PowerBI report server (Oct 2018) in a production environment using 2 servers, the first server is for power BI report server (Web server) and the second server will host Data warehouse and Analysis server (distributed deployment of PowerBI) after installation, I got the following error when opening a dashboard:

Error: We couldn’t connect to the Analysis Services server. The server forcibly closed the connection. To connect as the user viewing the report, your organization must have configured Kerberos constrained delegation.

I know that Power BI report server requires Active directory and a service account for authentication and some settings to SETSPN and delegation on <g class=<g class="gr_ gr_21 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Style replaceWithoutSep" data-gr-id="21" id="21">"gr</g>_ gr_12 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Grammar only-ins doubleReplace replaceWithoutSep" data-gr-id="12" id="12">Active</g> directory but the IT department of organization doesn't let us join the servers to the domain or create a service account.

I also tried to create the same local account with the same password, but it didn't work.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

• Edited by Sam_TA Thursday, October 11, 2018 4:51 PM
    Thursday, October 11, 2018 4:50 PM

Answers