none
Changing the Weekend days RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi,

I work in the Middle East, and here the working days are from Saturday to Wednesday, so the weekend is Thursday and Friday, how can I change that for My project without having to go to each week in the calendar and change it manually.

Thanks and best regards

Gus

Thursday, April 11, 2013 11:07 PM

All replies

• Gus --

You posted this question in a user forum dedicated to Microsoft Project Server.  Assuming you are using Project Server in your organization, here is what your Project Server administrator must do:'
    1. Log into PWA with administrator permissions.
    2. Click Server Settings > Enterprise Calendars.
    3. Select the Standard calendar and then click the Edit Calendar button.  The system will launch Microsoft Project 2010 and open the enterprise Standard calendar for editing.
    4. In the Change Working Time dialog, click the Work Weeks tab.
    5. On the Work Weeks page of the dialog, select the [Default] line item and click the Details button.
    6. In the Details dialog, use the Control key to select Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Saturday in the Select Days list on the left.
    7. Click the Set Days to These Specific Working Times option in the upper right corner.
    8. In the time grid in the middle of the dialog, enter the daily working time, such as 8:00 AM �?? 12:00 PM and 1:00 PM �?? 5:00 PM.
    9. In the Select Days list on the left, use the Control key to select Thursday and Friday.
    10. Select the Set Days to Nonworking Time option in the upper right corner.
    11. Click the OK button to close the Details dialog.
    12. Click the OK button to close the Change Working Time dialog.
    Assuming that your PMs are all using the enterprise Standard calendar as the Project Calendar (scheduling calendar) for their projects, their projects will be automatically scheduled using this new schedule on the enterprise Standard calendar.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Friday, April 12, 2013 12:20 AM