none
Can't change Permissions mode RRS feed

  • Question

  • I migrated our 2010 environment to 2016 and are having issue's with users accessing projects from MS Project 2016. Whenever they open Project Server account it prompts them to enable or disable macro's. Regardless of what is chosen project crashes unless they are an administrator. I edited the enterprise global so NO code runs. No luck. So I decided to try SP permissions mode and have tried to set it through powershell but it just runs for hours and locks out the site. It never finishes and when I cancel it. My PWA instance is still in PS mode. Nothing in the event log.

    Any idea what is the issue? 

    Thanks.

    Ken


    • Edited by Beruken Thursday, February 22, 2018 7:40 PM context
    Thursday, February 22, 2018 7:39 PM

All replies

  • Hello,

    Have you checked the SharePoint ULS logs on the SP servers? Anything useful in there?

    Paul


    Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS | MVP | Downloads

    Friday, February 23, 2018 7:00 AM
    Moderator
  • Yes, I could not find anything useful. However, I did find that if the user logged into my machine everything worked ok regardless if they were admin or not. Suggests it may be a combination of factors. Besides MS Project and MS SQL ODBC 11 I have sql management studio, SP Designer 2013 and some other office type functionality that may contribute to it working.
    Friday, February 23, 2018 2:24 PM
  • Sorry, the topic suggest one thing where as I have multiple issues beside the permission mode and users ms project crashing. Also Word docm with content controls won't open. All issue's were solved for user when logged into my workstation.

    Win 10

    Office 2016

    Project 2016

    Friday, February 23, 2018 2:27 PM
  • As it seems the one issue with ms project crashing could be tied to the inability for Word to open a macro enabled document, since Project Server enterprise global depends on macro's and embedded code. It now appears our organization has blocked all macro's with HIPS and policy settings. While this does not impact the issue of flipping permission modes it does mitigate the reason why I was trying to do that.

    I also found the IIS authentication settings, though we use Windows NTLM, had Anonymous enabled. If I disabled that setting my workstation too was impacted. I'm not sure how the two are related.

    Friday, February 23, 2018 6:48 PM