none
Exchange online report query RRS feed

• Question

• We migrated the mailbox from on-prem to exchange online year back. We would like to get age report for all the email counts for our domain .Like less than 2 year old email counts, 2 to 5 year old email counts, 5 to 10 year old email counts and greater than 10 year old email counts.

Please let me know if any script available to generate this report in exchange online.

Tuesday, September 3, 2019 4:23 PM

All replies

• You mean actual email messages age? There's no built-in functionality that can generate such report, you will have to create your own by leveraging the EWS/Graph API.
    Tuesday, September 3, 2019 6:11 PM
  • Hi Sam,

Agree with Vasil. There is no built-in functionality can generate such a report. 

Based on my searching, I found a script that seems to generate a similar report in on-premise Exchange server, you can modify some key parameters and check if it works in Exchange online:

Exchange 2010 Archive Statistics Planner

This script will query a mailbox for email older than a specified age in days and return the item count and item size of the older mail.  

Best Regards,
    Niko Cheng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com

Wednesday, September 4, 2019 9:09 AM
  • Hi,

I am writing here to confirm with you how the thing going now?

If you need further help, please provide more detailed information, so that we can give more appropriate suggestions.

Regards,

Kelvin Deng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 1:55 AM