none
PWA project ID randomly changing RRS feed

• Question

• Our projects follow the project numbering convention of P###. Over the last two weeks we've noticed a couple of our projects randomly change (as shown above, 100011) and we dont know why. Nobody has gone in and changed anything or changed the project numbers.

Has anyone encountered this issue? Is this a bug?  Please let me know thank you!

Wednesday, September 21, 2016 3:36 PM

All replies

• Hi,

There could be two reasons for this.

1. Different EPTs have different numbering formats, so make sure that you are comparing apples with apples here, eg 10011 - is that the same EPT as P106.

2.  Users can change the number on the project details page, are you sure that this hasn't happened.

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | P2O

Wednesday, September 21, 2016 3:57 PM
  • Hi-

Yes all of these projects are under the same enterprise project type, and I've confirmed nobody has changed the numbers on the PDP's, which is why it's so weird that the numbers have changed (both times to this exact number).

Wednesday, September 21, 2016 4:00 PM
  • Strange then.  I've not seen this, but have seen lots of confusion around Project Numbers when not set up with a dose of thought!

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | P2O

Wednesday, September 21, 2016 4:02 PM
  • It looks like it is defaulting back to the default number format, check the Enterprise Project Type configuration settings in the PWA Settings menu see if this is still correct.

Was that project ID P011 before? Are new projects getting the correct ID?

Probably worth raising a ticket via your Office 365 portal for that one if you are sure nobody has updated the settings or changed it manually.

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS | MVP | Downloads

Wednesday, September 21, 2016 4:19 PM