Email to specific domain gets stuck in queue RRS feed

• Question

• I have a user in the office who has an issue with not being able to send out to a specific recipient on the domain t-online.de.

Ends up message gets stuck in the Exchange queue with a general "a SMTP protocol error occurred".  I have since enabled SMTP logging and had the user resend.  Here is the entry I get in the log pertaining to the resend;

2015-06-17 15:20:28 194.25.134.8 OutboundConnectionResponse SMTPSVC1 (Server Name) - 25 - - 554+IP=142.59.212.173+-+A+problem+occurred.+(Ask+your+postmaster+for+help+or+to+contact+tosa@rx.t-online.de+to+clarify.)+(BL) 0 0 125 0 188 SMTP - - - -

Any ideas?

Wednesday, June 17, 2015 3:57 PM

Answers

• Hi,

According to your description, I noticed that the issue happens to one user and occurs when sending to a specific recipient.

Please do the following test to narrow down the issue:

1. Confirm whether other users in your domain can send message to this external domain.

2. Confirm whether this user can send message to other external users (user1@rx.t-online.de, user2@rx.t-online.de).

3. If the issue only happens to one user, please confirm whether there is any rule configured in Outlook side or Exchange side to reject the message sending process.

4. Is there any NDR message in the sender side if the message can't be send successfully?

Regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Winnie Liang
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, June 19, 2015 3:18 AM

All replies

• Hi

Can you ask the recipient IT department if they will allow mail from your domain? Also check mxtoolbox if your domain is clean.

Hope this helps. Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, June 17, 2015 5:00 PM
  • Hi,

According to your description, I noticed that the issue happens to one user and occurs when sending to a specific recipient.

Please do the following test to narrow down the issue:

1. Confirm whether other users in your domain can send message to this external domain.

2. Confirm whether this user can send message to other external users (user1@rx.t-online.de, user2@rx.t-online.de).

3. If the issue only happens to one user, please confirm whether there is any rule configured in Outlook side or Exchange side to reject the message sending process.

4. Is there any NDR message in the sender side if the message can't be send successfully?

Regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Winnie Liang
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, June 19, 2015 3:18 AM