WSUS reporting features on Windows Server 2008 R2 RRS feed

• Question

• Has WSUS reporting feature removed from Windows Server 2008 R2? How do i generate reports from WSUS running on Windows server 2008 R2? can someone help?

Karthik R
    Saturday, December 24, 2011 9:50 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for posting here.

Has WSUS reporting feature removed from Windows Server 2008 R2?

No.

How do i generate reports from WSUS running on Windows server 2008 R2?

Open the WSUS console,click the Reports on the left pane,you can generate the reports based on update or computer as you like,and after you run the reports, you can export the report to a pdf file or excel as you like.

Note:To function this reports, you should install the Microsoft Report viewer in advance.

Regards,
    Clarence
    Forum Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contacttnmff@microsoft.com.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, December 26, 2011 4:59 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for posting here.

Has WSUS reporting feature removed from Windows Server 2008 R2?

No.

How do i generate reports from WSUS running on Windows server 2008 R2?

Open the WSUS console,click the Reports on the left pane,you can generate the reports based on update or computer as you like,and after you run the reports, you can export the report to a pdf file or excel as you like.

Note:To function this reports, you should install the Microsoft Report viewer in advance.

Regards,
    Clarence
    Forum Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contacttnmff@microsoft.com.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, December 26, 2011 4:59 AM
  • Hi,

I would like to confirm what is the current situation? If there is anything that I can do for you, please do not hesitate to let me know, and I will be happy to help.

Regards,
    Clarence
    Forum Support

Thursday, December 29, 2011 2:43 AM
  • W2K8R2 WSUS reporting features are not meeting our requirements ,so we are going to back to W2K8 WSUS.

Karthik R
    Saturday, December 31, 2011 12:17 PM
  • W2K8R2 WSUS reporting features are not meeting our requirements ,so we are going to back to W2K8 WSUS.
    Hmmm... the WSUS (on Windows Server 2008) is identical to the WSUS (on Windows Server 2008 R2), so perhaps we should explore a bit more what you mean by "are not meeting our requirements" -- the reporting is identical on both systems!
    Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA, MCSA
    Principal/CTO, Onsite Technology Solutions, Houston, Texas
    Microsoft MVP - Software Distribution (2005-2011)
    My MVP Profile: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Lawrence.Garvin
    Tuesday, January 3, 2012 4:09 PM