Windows 8.1 brightness level gets stuck RRS feed

• Question

• I recently bought Lenovo U-41 laptop and the brightness button from keyboard ass well as brightness button from windows charms gets stuck. My laptop contains Intel HD Graphics 5500 driver. i tried restarting the laptop also updating the driver from the device manager>display adapters but it says that driver is up to date. Kindly tell me what to do as i am really disappointed by my new laptop.

athank you

Friday, August 12, 2016 11:26 PM

Answers

• Hi jatin.grover.98,

According to your description, firstly, we could uninstall the Intel HD Graphics 5500 driver and download the driver from the manufacturer’s official website. Then we could update it to the latest version. Because the driver provided by manufacturer could be more compatibility. Also we could install the Power Management software from the manufacturer’s official website. It could control screen brightness by hot key.

Hope it will be helpful to you

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 15, 2016 2:15 AM

All replies

• Hi jatin.grover.98,

According to your description, firstly, we could uninstall the Intel HD Graphics 5500 driver and download the driver from the manufacturer’s official website. Then we could update it to the latest version. Because the driver provided by manufacturer could be more compatibility. Also we could install the Power Management software from the manufacturer’s official website. It could control screen brightness by hot key.

Hope it will be helpful to you

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 15, 2016 2:15 AM
  • Hi jatin.grover.98,

Haven't received your message a few days, was your issue resolved? Because the case may be closed few days later.
    If you feel the suggestion could be helpful to you, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members who have same questions and find the helpful reply quickly.
    If no, please feel free to post back and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.
    Best regards,
    Carl Fan

Wednesday, August 24, 2016 11:02 AM