none
Proving identity with PIN raises error 8009000f RRS feed

• Question

• Dear technet community,

I've set up a complete new system with Windows 10 Version 1607 (Build 14393.10).

The system is joined to our domain and I logged in with my domain account which is member of the local admins group.

Then I added my Microsoft account, my Office 365 account and joined the system to the Azure AD integrated Mobile Device Management.

After that I've set up a PIN, a Work PIN and the fingerprint reader.

Then I switched from German display language to English display language.

Now my system is telling me, that I have to repair my Microsoft account for apps on other devies and the Mail App is also complaining the account has to be repaired.

When I start the repair process, Windows wants me to proove that it's really me by using my fingerprint or my PIN.

After I entered the PIN I get the following error message.

Translated from german:

A problem has occurred.

The operation could not be performed.

Error code: 0x8009000f

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Cheers

Sascha

Wednesday, September 7, 2016 6:08 AM

All replies

• Hi Sascha,

Let’s search solution from here.

You need to fix your Microsoft Account for apps on your other devices to be able to launch apps and continue experiences on this device.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/you-need-to-fix-your-microsoft-account-for-apps-on/5629dcbf-fca4-45db-9dbd-0e8d1fb0b68c?auth=1

In fact, for Microsoft account issue, you’d better ask for help from Microsoft Community rather than TechNet forum, thanks for understanding

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/security?tab=Threads

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, September 8, 2016 2:06 AM
  • Hi Teemo,

thank you for trying to help me.

I was redirected here from the Microsoft Community by a colleague of you.
    He said I should post my question in the TechNet forum because my system is joined to a domain.

Therefore the potential answer you linked in your reply is not an answer for my specific question.

I'm not able to log in to my system with my Microsoft account. On all my other systems (Surface 4, Desktop PC, Windows Phone) everything works fine. On these devices I log in with my Microsoft account.

So maybe you or other people have different ideas.

At least I would be happy if I could get some information about how linking the different accounts affects the log in behavior and which settings are synced if I enable the sync feature in Windows 10.

Cheers

Sascha
    • Edited by Hallasan Thursday, September 8, 2016 8:16 AM
    Thursday, September 8, 2016 8:15 AM
  • Hi,

As we can see, the Theme, Web browser settings , Passwords, Language preferences, Ease of Access and Other Windows settings will be sync when we turn on sync settings. About Other Windows settings, it means desktop items, such as window accents, taskbar position, and so on.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 9, 2016 1:24 AM