Error calling Get-CsUserCallForwardingSettings RRS feed

• Question

• Our product has the ability to execute PowerShell commands within.  When I issue the following command:

Get-CsUserCallForwardingSettings -User "sip:user@sfb2019.local'

I get the error:

Argument applicationUserAgent has invalid value. Audio/Video platform is already initialized with ST/7.0.2046.123 (Synthetic Transaction) value for applicationUserAgent argument.

If I bring up a PowerShell window and connect to the SfB 2019 server and issue the same command, I get the expected results.

I verified that I am using the same credentials to connect to the SfB 2019 server in both cases.

I found one Google search with reference to "Audio/Video platform is already initialized", which referenced that the issue went away upon a reboot of the server.  I did reboot our SfB 2019 server, but still get this error.

???

Wednesday, December 18, 2019 8:00 PM

All replies

• Hi Scott!

What is your product?

Does this product you referred connect to Skype for Business 2019 server?

According to your description, I tried to search some documents about this error but only one case related to your problem. The following link recommend you restart the server:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ca962975-4ead-43ce-8dfe-37594fd3295a/error-when-assign-a-user-to-pickup-gropu?forum=SkypeWebSDK

In my experience, we recommend you check if your product enable Remote PowerShell. Skype for Business Server can enable Remote User Access and set a policy allowing remote users to communicate back to Front End Server. For more details about how to access Lync Server Management Remotely, you can refer to:

http://skype4businessinsider.com/lync-server-2013/access-lync-server-management-shell-remotely/

Besides, the command “Set-CsUserCallFowardSettings” enables the use of SEFAUtil functionality in PowerShell. So you can try to check if your product installed SEFAUtil.

For more details about how to deploy the SEFAUtil tool in Skype for Business:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/skypeforbusiness/deploy/deploy-enterprise-voice/deploy-the-sefautil-tool

The following link shows details about command:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/skype/set-csusercallforwardingsettings?view=skype-ps

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Best Regards,
    Jimmy Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.
    Thursday, December 19, 2019 7:26 AM
  • The product is the one we developed (2nd Nature) to help the management of UC systems.

All of the other SfB PowerShell calls work properly (Get-CsUser, Get-CsConfigurationStoreLocation, Get-CsDialPlan, Get-CsMobilityPolicy, etc.) and the other SEFAUtil command for SfB 2019 (Get-CsSlaConfiguration) works just fine.  There shouldn't be anything special about Get-CsUserCallForwardingSettings, should there?  Plus, why would it work properly within a PowerShell window?

The article you pointed out was the one that I also found and tried rebooting the SfB 2019 server as well as my computer, but to no avail.

I've also added the -Debug and -Verbose parameters to my call, but no useful information was returned

Thursday, December 19, 2019 2:00 PM
  • Hi Scott A.Rollins!

Thanks for your kindness reply!

In my research, call forward settings, Delegation settings and Teams members and related settings are the functionality that can currently be managed only through SEFAUtil. We recommend you try to run the following command and see if it works

Get-CsuserDelegates -Identity <UserIdParameter>

Get-CsUserTeamMembers -Identity <UserIdParameter>

If these command can also works just fine, then it indicates that the problem is not related to SEFAUtil.

Considering your product function seems similar to Remote PowerShell, you can also check the following ports: TCP/5985,TCP/5986 .By default Powershell will use these ports for communication.

For more details about PowerShell remoting use, please refer to:

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/christwe/2012/06/20/what-port-does-powershell-remoting-use/

Best Regards,
    Jimmy Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.
    Tuesday, December 24, 2019 5:48 AM
  • Hi,
    I am checking the status of this case. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.
    Meanwhile, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer to close the thread, it will help others who encounter the same issue and read this thread.
    Thank you for your understanding and patience!

Best Regards,
    Jimmy Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.
    Tuesday, December 31, 2019 9:59 AM
  • I double checked my ports, etc. and everything is good.  I had a bizarre idea.  Within our product we have the ability to restart the PowerShell session, due to various errors.  I decided to attempt a restart if we encountered an error message that contained "platform is already initialized" in the error.  When I attempted to download SfB 2019 users and look at our log of the PowerShell session, I see that we attempt a Get-CsUserCallForwardingSettings call and get the error Argument applicationUserAgent has invalid value. Audio/Video platform is already initialized with ST/7.0.2046.123 (Synthetic Transaction) value for applicationUserAgent argument.  I then see a restart of the PowerShell session and a re-issue of the Get-CsUserCallForwardingSettings call, but this time instead of the error, I get the results (we convert PS objects to XML)

<PSObjects>
     <PSObject>
      <User>sip:autotest106@sfb2019.local</User>
      <CallForwardingEnabled>False</CallForwardingEnabled>
      <ForwardDestination/>
      <ForwardImmediateEnabled>False</ForwardImmediateEnabled>
      <SimultaneousRingEnabled>False</SimultaneousRingEnabled>
      <SimultaneousRingDestination/>
      <ForwardToDelegates>False</ForwardToDelegates>
      <SimultaneousRingDelegates>False</SimultaneousRingDelegates>
      <TeamRingEnabled>False</TeamRingEnabled>
      <Team/>
      <Delegates/>
      <DelegateRingWaitTime>0</DelegateRingWaitTime>
      <TeamDelegateRingWaitTime>0</TeamDelegateRingWaitTime>
      <SettingsActiveWorkhours>False</SettingsActiveWorkhours>
      <UnansweredToVoicemail>False</UnansweredToVoicemail>
      <UnansweredCallForwardDestination/>
      <UnansweredWaitTime>20</UnansweredWaitTime>
     </PSObject>
    </PSObjects>

Unfortunately, each new call to the Get-CsUserCallForwardingSettings, with a new User, results in the error Argument applicationUserAgent has invalid value. Audio/Video platform is already initialized with ST/7.0.2046.123 (Synthetic Transaction) value for applicationUserAgent argument, and a re-issuing of the command after a PowerShell session restart, returns the data I need.

While this works, it adds considerable time and if we have a client with 10,000+ users, this may be unacceptable.

Thursday, January 2, 2020 3:00 PM
  • In testing trying to call the commands Get-CsuserDelegates and Get-CsUserTeamMembers, I get the same error (Argument applicationUserAgent has invalid value. Audio/Video platform is already initialized with ST/7.0.2046.123 (Synthetic Transaction) value for applicationUserAgent argument.) and if I restart my PowerShell session, it works.

Thursday, January 2, 2020 4:41 PM
  • Hi Scott A.Rollins!

Does this issue happened only on new added users or all users?

According to your description, this issue is related to your products development.

Our forum focuses on Microsoft Skype for Business troubleshooting. Due to our limited knowledge about your product and development, we recommend you post this issue to the development forum.

Thanks for your understanding and patience! 

Best Regards,
    Jimmy Yang

Friday, January 3, 2020 10:02 AM
  • Hi,
    Is there any update on this case?
    Please feel free to drop us a note if there is any update.
    Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Jimmy Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 15, 2020 1:10 AM