Windows 7 Add/Remove App. missing "Change/Remove" Buttons RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, couldn't find solution to this problem in forums. 
    Recently upgraded to Windows 7, having several issues, one being my QuickBooks is not functioning fully, trying to "Repair" in Control Panel, ADD/Remove application, but the Change/Remove buttons are missing....I have found several non-MS forums which suggest a fix thru accessing the reg. but, I'm not comfortable making reg. changes from a non-confirmed source...Any suggestions?

Thank you,
    rs71
    Sunday, January 3, 2010 7:14 PM

Answers

• Go back and look again across the title bar you will see the uninstall tab..one tab for all programs.
    just highlite QB (you need QB 2010) and click the uninstall
    • Marked as answer by Linda Yan Thursday, January 7, 2010 5:24 AM
    Sunday, January 3, 2010 11:45 PM
  • Hi,

The Change/Remove Bottons in Windows 7 is not where it used to be in windows xp, like Bubbapcguy said, it is on the top of the programs list.

In addition, which registry key is involved according to make the change? We can find more information on how to modify it safely.

Better access update website to get QuickBooks to the latest Release here.

If still no go, suggest use quickbooks uninstall cleanup utility to remove and reinstall it.

Monday, January 4, 2010 6:13 AM

All replies

• Go back and look again across the title bar you will see the uninstall tab..one tab for all programs.
    just highlite QB (you need QB 2010) and click the uninstall
    Sunday, January 3, 2010 11:45 PM
  • Hi,

The Change/Remove Bottons in Windows 7 is not where it used to be in windows xp, like Bubbapcguy said, it is on the top of the programs list.

In addition, which registry key is involved according to make the change? We can find more information on how to modify it safely.

Better access update website to get QuickBooks to the latest Release here.

If still no go, suggest use quickbooks uninstall cleanup utility to remove and reinstall it.

Monday, January 4, 2010 6:13 AM