none
Outlook 2010 - Reply to email Messages is from wrong Account

Question

• Sr/Madam,

I have numerous email domains directed into a Gmail Account.

This Gmail account is linked to Outlook 2010.

When mail is downloaded into 2010 from Gmail it is sorted by 'rules' into various folders representing the various email domain addresses.

I have set things up so that I can send from these various domain emails individually via Outlook.

My problem is that when I try and 'Reply From' any one of these email domains Outlook sends it from my Gmail Account and not the original domain from which it was sent to.

I wish to be able to 'Reply From' the email domain to which the original email was sent and keep the Gmail address private.

Can anyone assist or advise on work around please?

Many thanks in advance.

Saturday, April 29, 2017 11:55 AM

All replies

• Hi,

>>I have numerous email domains directed into a Gmail Account.

By this, do you mean you have you Gmail account connected with multiple domain email accounts? May I know how you achieved this?

>>I have set things up so that I can send from these various domain emails individually via Outlook.

Do you mean you have all these domain emails set up as separate email accounts in your Outlook? When sending from these domain email accounts, does it display the correct From address properly?

Based on my research, if you want to always send from your other address, you'll need to change both your default "From" and "reply-to" address. If you only change the "From" address, replies will go to your original Gmail address by default. Please check if you have both settings set correctly.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 1, 2017 2:54 AM