Vista Microsoft Mail No spell check ??? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a new HP with Vista Ultimate and an Intel Quad.  On the microsoft mail, the spell checker says it does not work for English.

The Microsoft Mail Help prog says go to:... tools, options , spelling, language, select english , apply , ok,...

The problem is that under the tools menu there is no options section.  Help please.  Thank You

Other current problems will be on later posts..

Stan Byers

Tuesday, October 2, 2007 7:03 PM

All replies

• I did find a solution to the lack of spell checker.  In the start menu I right clicked on Microsoft mail, and selected to open it as administrator.  When the program opened it now had the (tool / options /spelling ) listed.  I chose English as the language and exited the program. 

The next time I opened Microsoft Mail (in normal user mode) it did show the ( tools / options ) choice, that had been lacking. I havent tried the spell checker yet. I will be back if the spell checker does not work.  Good Luck...Stan Byers

Tuesday, October 2, 2007 8:03 PM
  • Thanks, Stan. This has been driving me crazy! 
    Thursday, October 8, 2009 2:38 PM
  • can you please help me i have windows vista and when i try sending email when i check for spelling and it says you dont have spell check please help you can send infor to my email wesleybonds74@msn.com
    Sunday, November 15, 2009 12:23 AM