Outgoing mail doesn't seem to go through fope RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I'm having trouble getting my outgoing emails to go through FOPE.
    I've set up a policy that checks the email subject, and if it matches, encrypts the message. However, it doesn't seem to be working. I've also selected to add a footer to all outgoing emails but they don't show up either.

Ive set up my MX record, send connector and configured outgoing/incoming IPs in FOPE Admin panel. Is there anything else I have to think about? Anyone have any idea whats wrong?

Thanks in advance

Friday, July 13, 2012 6:25 AM

All replies

• In order to route the Outbound Emails via FOPE we need to create an Send Connector to deliver all the emails to FOPE which will work as a Smart Host. The emails should be delivered to the FQDN mail.global.frontbridge.com or mail.messaging.microsoft.com.

Few things to be checked are:-

Is the Send connector configured on the Exchange Server which is responsible to handle Outbound Email Traffic for your organization. (This question can be well described if asked to explain the Topology or the mail routing configured for Outbound mail flow)

If the Send Connector is configured upto mark then we need to send a test Outbound email and check the headers of the email if it was processed and delivered via FOPE. We can come to know if we find the headers like X-BigFish: VPS (VPS in uppercase mentions that the email was an Outbound delivery made via FOPE.

The reason we are asking you to check the headers of the test email sent because it will help us to isolate if we need to troubleshoot on the Exchange or we need to concentrate on the settings configured in FOPE.

Please follow this step and update the blog to provide you further instructions which might help you to troubleshoot the issue.

Monday, July 16, 2012 2:46 AM
  • Thank you for your answer. I checked the email header and the emails doesn't seem to go throught FOPE.

I actually have two send connectors, one that has address space (*) and one that has *.mydomain.se and routes my email via mail.messaging.microsoft.com.

the *.mydomain.se has cost 10 and the (*) has cost 20... do I have to configure the send connectors in some special way since I have two?

Thursday, August 23, 2012 1:35 PM