none
DPM 2012 Restore SharePoint List to New Location Does Not Preseve Item Security RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to use DPM to restore a list to a new location (basically a move) and this is within the current site collection.  It will preserve authors and times but not the original item security (it sets the permissions to the system account).  There do not seem to be any errors in the log.  Does DPM not support this scenario with SharePoint?
    Monday, April 30, 2012 6:16 PM

All replies

• Hi,

from what I understand you want to restore all the original metadata as well. In this case when restoring something you have to choose under "Resotre security" the option "Apply security settings of recovery point version" (if I remember correctly). So just try it out and you will see that metadata is restored or net depending what option you choose under "restore security". I did some test with it to see what kind of metadata is restored when choosing the mentioned optioned. So far all metadata (including custom metadata) was restored BUT for two exceptions: when restoring a subsite/site, the administrativ security group of this subsite/site is not restored AND all metadata coming from a custom workflow is not restored.

Hope that helps.

Thursday, May 31, 2012 10:19 AM