Polycom 8800 Trio with Visual+ Box Meet Now Button going Straight into Lobby RRS feed

• Question

• I have setup a Polycom 8800 Trio with Visual+ Box. The Trio has the latest firmware and can join video and voice SfB calls fine. We have a hybrid deployment and the Exchange 2013 server is on-premise. The SfB account that the Polycom uses is a meeting room account and homed online in O365. It currently has an E3 license with SfB Online plan 2.

When I press the meet now button the Polycom is put straight into the lobby. I have had a look at the SfB Online policies and they seem to be ok. But this must be a policy configuration that is causing the issue, so can anyone share any information on which policies may cause this issue or has anyone seen this before and resolved the issue?

Wednesday, April 25, 2018 8:02 AM

Answers

• I think it is to do with the Polycom's SfB account being homed on-prem and we do not have the correct setup for meetings on our on-prem environment. I have homed the account online, but now I can't sign-in fully which I am look at separately.
    • Marked as answer by Blue_man2 Monday, May 14, 2018 2:03 PM
    Monday, May 14, 2018 2:03 PM

All replies

• Hi Blue_Craig,

You want to set people who don’t have to wait in the lobby ?If so ,you could fine these settings in Outlook

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, April 26, 2018 2:37 AM
  • I am not creating the meeting through Outlook. I am trying to use the Meet Now button on the Polycom, but when you press the meeting now button on Polycom it outs the Polycom in the lobby.
    Thursday, April 26, 2018 10:50 PM
  • Could you reset the Polycome?

please check you have updated the firmware to the latest version.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, May 3, 2018 1:31 AM
  • This is happening on multiple Polycoms and they are using the latest firmware. I would suspect it would be a policy issue rather than a Polycom issue.
    Wednesday, May 9, 2018 4:55 PM
  • Do a check on the policy you have defended to that meeting room to make sure its not blocked.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/skype/set-csconferencingpolicy?view=skype-ps

Verify your licensing is assigned correctly to that meeting room as well.

Brett

Thursday, May 10, 2018 1:58 PM
  • I think it is to do with the Polycom's SfB account being homed on-prem and we do not have the correct setup for meetings on our on-prem environment. I have homed the account online, but now I can't sign-in fully which I am look at separately.
    • Marked as answer by Blue_man2 Monday, May 14, 2018 2:03 PM
    Monday, May 14, 2018 2:03 PM