none
Available Application Deployments with Mandatory Primary Device Deployments RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am at a client where the overall deployment plan for applications was to use the user-centric model in SCCM 2012.  The users roam from machine to machine and want the apps to be serviceable by the app catalog.  This is easy and has been setup.  However, we have been thrown a curve ball and now there is an additional requirement to deploy the users apps as a mandatory deployment to their primary device.  The issue we have seen is that we can't have mandatory deployments and available deployments without duplicating a lot of effort.  If we set up a deployment to be required it installs to all machines when they log on to them.  We have also managed to get to the point where we have set-up a mandatory deployment with the requirement set for 'primary device only', but when you look in Software Center you still see the app, but with a status of failed.  Is there a way of achieving this model - Pre-installs for the user on there primary device on day one and is only available from the catalog on all other machines?

Monday, October 20, 2014 1:22 PM

Answers

• No, it's not possible to create exactly that. The main reason is that you need to deploy something as available to a user to make it appear in the application catalog, but at that moment the requirements of that application are not "checked". Those requirements will be "checked" when the user will select to install that specific application. So, basically that will mean that a user will always see the available application in the application catalog.

My Blog: http://www.petervanderwoude.nl/
    Follow me on twitter: pvanderwoude

Monday, October 20, 2014 4:53 PM