Public Folder Mailbox shows in EMS but cannot be deleted RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am in the process of removing all databases from Exchange in order to uninstall. I've managed to get rid of all mailboxes and databases except for one. It's listed as a public folder and has the identity name "Mailbox1". I've tried to disable, remove, updatestore, etc. I cannot get rid of this mailbox due to a missing AD object and therefore cannot uninstall exchange. Here's an image of the commands and results to give a better idea:

Any ideas?

Thursday, May 18, 2017 11:43 PM

Answers

• I know the problem.  Add -PublicFolder to the Disable-Mailbox command.

Upon further reflection I wonder, why are you trying to disable it?  Why not remove it?

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Friday, May 19, 2017 1:42 AM

All replies

• Do you have a more than one domain in your forest?  If so, enter the command:

Set-ADServerSettings -ViewEntireForest:$True

and try again.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

Friday, May 19, 2017 12:47 AM
  • No dice, thank you for the suggestion,though. I saw that somewhere else, but didn't try it because we are a sole domain. Figured I should try it now just to be sure.
    Friday, May 19, 2017 12:53 AM
  • I know the problem.  Add -PublicFolder to the Disable-Mailbox command.

Upon further reflection I wonder, why are you trying to disable it?  Why not remove it?

Friday, May 19, 2017 1:42 AM
  • Wow, that did the trick. Silly me. And removing it is fine, that's what I did. Was just in general trying to get rid of it so I could uninstall and delete that database.

Thank you!

Friday, May 19, 2017 2:02 AM
  • You're welcome.  Happy to have helped.

Friday, May 19, 2017 5:48 AM