none
EMS, exception on connecting to servername.domain RRS feed

• Question

• A brand new Exchange 2016 installation on a win2016 DC server(also the web server for my web apps on port 443). After launching EMS from start menu, I got below. What are possible reasons? TIA

Show quick reference guide: QuickRef
    VERBOSE: Connecting to mysrv.mydomain.com.
    New-PSSession : [mysrv.mydomain.com] Connecting to remote server mysrv.mydomain.com failed with the
    following error message : The client cannot connect to the destination specified in the request. Verify that the
    service on the destination is running and is accepting requests. Consult the logs and documentation for the
    WS-Management service running on the destination, most commonly IIS or WinRM. If the destination is the WinRM service,
    run the following command on the destination to analyze and configure the WinRM service: "winrm quickconfig". For more
    information, see the about_Remote_Troubleshooting Help topic.
    At line:1 char:1
    + New-PSSession -ConnectionURI "$connectionUri" -ConfigurationName Micr ...
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : OpenError: (System.Manageme....RemoteRunspace:RemoteRunspace) [New-PSSession], PSRemotin
       gTransportException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CannotConnect,PSSessionOpenFailed

• Edited by btguy245 Friday, May 31, 2019 1:04 AM
    Friday, May 31, 2019 1:02 AM

All replies

• Hi,

>>also the web server for my web apps on port 443

Do you mean you install your Web server and Exchange server on the same computer?

If so, I want to confirm with you: how many NIC on this computer?

I would suggest you try to take steps below to connect to Exchange server manually:

1. Run PowerShell(Not EMS) with administrator privileges on your Exchange server.

2. Run those commands in PowerShell(Log in with administrator credential):

Set-ExecutionPolicy RemoteSigned
    $UserCredential = Get-Credential
    $Session = New-PSSession -ConfigurationName Microsoft.Exchange -ConnectionUri http://<ServerFQDN>/PowerShell/ -Authentication Kerberos -Credential $UserCredential
    Import-PSSession $Session -DisableNameChecking

I guess you still cannot connect to Exchange server in this way. Because, Exchange services are also based on IIS service which is occupied by your Web server.

The best suggestion is split your Web server and Exchange server on different computers.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, June 3, 2019 2:30 AM
  • Hi,

I am writing here to confirm with you how thing going now?

If the above suggestion helps, please be free to mark it as an answer for helping more people.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, June 7, 2019 2:51 PM