Adding user / group on a role from other domain with one way trust RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everyone,

I have a problem adding users/ groups on a user role from other domain. I already made a connector for that domain and all users and computers already

sync. I have a problem adding users / groups on the roles. It show a popup  message like this. Weird this is I can get that group when I search with windows user/group searcher.

THanks,

Rommel

• Edited by RommelD Monday, January 21, 2013 12:48 PM edit
    Monday, January 21, 2013 12:15 PM

All replies

• The only supported trust level in SCSM is a two-way tree-root trust.

SCSMSolutions
    email: freemanru (at) gmail (dot) com

Monday, January 21, 2013 1:36 PM
  • Hi Anton,

Thanks for your reply. we only have one way trust on that domain but I managed to add that group by.

First. I added everyone in adminitrators role (a little bit  risky hehe)

Second. I log on on the console using account in that domain (the one with one way trust only)

Third. I added the group from that domain to the end user group( I didn't receive any popup anymore)

Fourth. Logout from the console and login again from my original account. I removed Everyone on the administrators role.

Now I am able to add other domain users/groups even if its not a two way trust by using one account under their domain.

Thanks,

Rommel

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 10:03 PM
  • Can you please look also to this issue?

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/systemcenterservicemanager/thread/7a502dd9-c963-4c89-8cbc-44db80f0dad1

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 10:03 PM
  • Hi Anton,

Thanks for your reply. we only have one way trust on that domain but I managed to add that group by.

First. I added everyone in adminitrators role (a little bit  risky hehe)

Second. I log on on the console using account in that domain (the one with one way trust only)

Third. I added the group from that domain to the end user group( I didn't receive any popup anymore)

Fourth. Logout from the console and login again from my original account. I removed Everyone on the administrators role.

Now I am able to add other domain users/groups even if its not a two way trust by using one account under their domain.

Thanks,

Rommel

Did you check what users from trusted domain be login to self-service portal?

SCSMSolutions
    email: freemanru (at) gmail (dot) com

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 11:19 PM