none
Default domain policy issue

Question

• Hi,

Recently we configured nps server for wireless authentication to connect in our network , we create a ssid settings on default domain policy in test environment and we checked on test client 2 client pc's are not applying the default domain policy also.we checked the "gpresult /r /scope computer " it shows applied group policy objects as NA and under computer settings domain type as local computer .

Tuesday, July 26, 2016 8:44 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

are these PCs joint to the domain?

This post is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.
    ~~~
    Questo post non fornisce garanzie e non conferisce diritti

Tuesday, July 26, 2016 9:08 AM
  • yes , this pc's are in domain and policy will apply after entering gpupdate /force on client side but my query is why default domain policy also not applied after restarting also .
    Tuesday, July 26, 2016 10:02 AM
  • is "domain type as local computer " which doesn't sound good to me, what about "Domain Name"? Is it correct?

This post is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.
    ~~~

Tuesday, July 26, 2016 10:30 AM
  • No, Domain name is not correct it shows domain name as host name not domain name.

Wednesday, July 27, 2016 2:36 AM
  • Hi,
    Please check if the clients could communicate to domain, please ping the domain with its FQDN and IP address.
    Regarding no GPO applied, please take a look at the following article for more details and try it:
    No Group Policy Objects Are Applied
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc978388.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396
    Regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 27, 2016 5:29 AM
  • I'd re-join it to the domain

~~~

Wednesday, July 27, 2016 7:09 AM
  • i rejoined to the domain but it still shows the host name if we enter gpupdate manually then it will get gp policies. but my query was why it is not pulling default policies also if so what is troubleshooting steps even its ping with  fqdn of domain checked the replication between dc's also
    Wednesday, July 27, 2016 8:12 AM
  • To troubleshoot GPO you can start from here https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc749336(v=ws.10).aspx

There's plenty on the web. If policy are not applied then there should be something in the event logs.

~~~

Wednesday, July 27, 2016 8:28 AM