none
IE8 no "File" in menu RRS feed

• Question

• The FILE option on the IE8 menu is not showing. All others: edit, view, favorites, tools and help are showing.

Running under Windows XP service pack 3.

I noticed this has happened on the folder manager window also (Windows Explore).

Thanks in advance for help.
    Thursday, September 10, 2009 8:49 PM

Answers

• Hi chukles, as Windows SteadyState is designed for IE6 and IE7 (and some previous versions of IE), some restrictions cannot be applied on IE8 due to its design changes. I'll forward this to our develop team and we'll see if this will be solved in the next version. Thank you for your understanding.
    Sean Zhu - MSFT
    Friday, September 11, 2009 8:38 AM

All replies

• Hi chukles, as Windows SteadyState is designed for IE6 and IE7 (and some previous versions of IE), some restrictions cannot be applied on IE8 due to its design changes. I'll forward this to our develop team and we'll see if this will be solved in the next version. Thank you for your understanding.
    Sean Zhu - MSFT
    Friday, September 11, 2009 8:38 AM
  • The FILE option on the IE8 menu is not showing. All others: edit, view, favorites, tools and help are showing.

Running under Windows XP service pack 3.

I noticed this has happened on the folder manager window also (Windows Explore).

Thanks in advance for help.
    • Moved by Whosane002 Sunday, September 13, 2009 6:38 PM (From:MSDN, TechNet, and Expression Profile Feedback)
    • Merged by Aashish GMicrosoft Support Sunday, September 13, 2009 8:59 PM same issue
    Friday, September 11, 2009 6:28 PM