I/O device error RRS feed

• General discussion

•  

hello, iam shri im having problem with my computer when i try to copy some audio files to my phones sd card i get a massege stating that "the request could not be performed bec of I/O devevi error so plz help me on this
    Monday, July 21, 2008 10:44 AM

All replies

• Are you using bluetooth or are you using a card reader or a cable to perform this operation. Also can you post the event logs so we can see what is happening.

Monday, July 21, 2008 3:08 PM
  • Hi,

At first, we need to confirm the following points:

1.Does the phone connects to computer directly?

2.If you use a card reader, do you have same problem when using another SD card?

3.If possible, could you please read this SD card by another card reader?

4.Do you have this problem on another known Windows Vista computer?

5.Do you install the latest Windows Update?

At this time, please try to test this issue in Clean Boot.

Take a clean boot.

=============================

1. Click Start, type "MSCONFIG" (without the quotations) in the Search Bar and Press "Enter" to start the System Configuration Utility.

2. Click the "Services" tab, check the "Hide All Microsoft Services" box and click "Disable All" (if it is not gray).

3. Click the "Startup" tab, click "Disable All" and click "OK".

4. Restart the computer and test the issue.

Note: Clean Boot is a troubleshooting step. If some programs have been disabled, we can re-enable them later. If you see the System Configuration Utility, check the box of "Don't show this message" and then click "OK".

Does it work?

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 8:14 AM
  • Hi,

As this thread has been quiet for a while we will be changing the issue type to Comment.

If you wish to return to this question you can go ahead and change the type back to ‘Question’. Then you can edit your initial post and change the radio button at the top of the post editor window.

If the issue has been resolved, we’d love to hear your solution. By sharing your experience you can help other community members facing similar problems.

Thanks!

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 10:14 AM