Couldn't verify ccmsetup.cab authenticode signature RRS feed

• Question

• I've got one Windows 7 client that I can't seem to install SCCM 2012 on. Ccmsetup.log shows

GET 'http://SCCM2012Server.mydomain.com/SMS_DP_SMSPKG$/DA100001/ccmsetup.cab' 
    Couldn't verify 'C:\Windows\ccmsetup\ccmsetup.cab' authenticode signature. Return code 0x800b010e 
    CcmSetup failed with error code 0x80004005

I've tried copying a new version of ccmsetup.cab however it still won't work.

Orange County District Attorney

Wednesday, July 25, 2012 10:20 PM

All replies

• Try updating the pacakge on the DP first off.

Wednesday, July 25, 2012 11:42 PM
  • Try updating the pacakge on the DP first off.

That will most likely not solve the issue (but won't hurt also), because she told that only one client is affected.
    Can you bring up the properties of the file (on a working and non working client) and compare the properties of the file?

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

Thursday, July 26, 2012 6:16 AM
  • I did update the package on the DPs that this client connects to and checked the properties of the ccmsetup.cab. The files are identical between two different machines. This may be a case for PSS.

Orange County District Attorney

Thursday, July 26, 2012 4:03 PM
  • Try to copy client to the workstation and run locally
    Thursday, October 4, 2012 8:05 AM
  • Encountered this issues today on 12 Servers all Server 2008 R2 and located within Screened subnets.

The date of the certificate used to sign my ccmsetup.cab is valid from 9/4/2012 to 3/4/2013; so the cert has really expired.

Tried Setupdl to check if Microsoft has released an updated copy, but that also failed because one cert could not be verified.

Decided to use another method to install the Agent.

running ccmsetup (without any options since all necessary information has been published to AD) also failed with the same error.

However specifying the SMSSITECODE parameter successfully installed the client.

HTH

• Proposed as answer by thyag23 Tuesday, November 18, 2014 9:17 AM
    Monday, October 28, 2013 11:00 PM