none
09/08/2013 - TechnetWiki DOWN - can't comment or edit RRS feed

• Question

• 09/08/2013 - TechnetWiki DOWN - can't comment or edit

7:45pm to 8:23pm Central Time, wiki comments/edits still down. Tried from multiple sites. Times out, says "Cannot display page." It was working up until about 7:30pm central. What's up with this? Not sure of other parts of the site.

tnjman

FIFTY-SIX VIEWS and nobody can stop and chime in, "Hey, YEAH I NOTICED IT TOO!"

As of 9:45pm - STILL CANNOT COMMENT on WIKI articles, cannot edit, etc. BAD TIME-OUTS!

Maybe they are doing 'maintenance ???

Monday, September 9, 2013 1:24 AM

Answers

• I believe I saw a notice for an outage on Sep 8, but I don't remember the time. In any case, it looks like the Wiki is fine now.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

• Proposed as answer by Mike Laughlin Monday, September 9, 2013 3:48 PM
    • Marked as answer by TNJMAN Tuesday, September 10, 2013 1:00 PM
    Monday, September 9, 2013 12:48 PM

All replies

• As stated, tried from multiple sites (2 different counties [not countries - LOL])

Tried with IE9 and Firefox 20-ish. Wiki site/pages are just timing out whenever you go to "post" an update/edit or comment.

J.

tnjman

Monday, September 9, 2013 1:29 AM
  • I believe I saw a notice for an outage on Sep 8, but I don't remember the time. In any case, it looks like the Wiki is fine now.

• Proposed as answer by Mike Laughlin Monday, September 9, 2013 3:48 PM
    • Marked as answer by TNJMAN Tuesday, September 10, 2013 1:00 PM
    Monday, September 9, 2013 12:48 PM
  • I think it's down now. Today I don't remember my edit gone OK and quickly for several hours. The edits work (as usual) but the page never finishes posting.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

My TechNet articles

Monday, September 9, 2013 6:33 PM
  • Naomi, same here - today, as of about 7:45 am Central Time, Wikis are NOT allowing edits - edits worked okay from about 7:15 to 7:30-ish. This is quite frustrating, especially to those of us just learning about the Wikis, and trying to contribute useful info.

09/10/2013, 7:45am Central time, Wikis are NOT ALLOWING EDITS - we get the wonderful LARGE-FONT BLUE LETTERS "A PROBLEM WAS ENCOUNTERED..." and the edit never makes it into the Wiki - the difference between THIS error and the general time-outs from the other night are that the previous time-outs were like DNS/Web-hang issues; the previous time-outs never return the  LARGE-FONT BLUE LETTERS, instead, IE (and Firefox) just times out, like the Web servers are hung.

IF there is a "notice," it should be posted conspicuously, where EVERYONE can see it. The top of the Forums had NO 'Announcements' or anything of that nature.

tnjman

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 12:59 PM
  • Would be nice to have these "notices" where EVERYONE can see them. Thanks.

tnjman

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 1:00 PM
  • I agree. The only thing you can do when you get this problem is to email to tnwiki at microsoft dot com and complain.

Since I am in a TechNet WiKi Council (recently invited) we use Skype and I often vent there. That's all we can do - go ahead and let our frustration known and keep working through all these errors. The edits will get saved but it will not be reflected in Activity and I think it will not be reflected in Leader Boards and achievements, although Peter's crawler still gets them and his statistics is more accurate in weekly blogs.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

My TechNet articles

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 3:28 PM
  • I know this question has been addressed about as well as possible, but I have decided to move it to the TechNet Wiki Discussion forum. It really belongs there, and it will help to have similar issues in one place.

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 4:23 PM