big file deleted automatically? RRS feed

• Question

• I have files uploaded into SharePoint through "Upload multiple documents" and found out they were deleted automatically by someone: I suspect Forefront however no alerts sent out by Forefront.

I set the max file size to be 50 MB (the same # set in SharePoint). The files I tried are ~35 MB.

I checked the content db: there are records in dbo.alldocs and dbo.alldocstream, where the column DeleteTransactionID is not empty.

This gets me crazy!

Any ideas?

Friday, February 11, 2011 9:33 PM

Answers

• It seems that that might be a bug of the ForeFront or MOSS: they did not pick up the configuration change right away, and did not put files or any records in Incidents and Quarantine.

After rebooting the MOSS server (because of some other updates though), it works!

• Marked as answer by Guangming Monday, February 14, 2011 4:01 PM
    Monday, February 14, 2011 4:01 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for the post.

Do you want to  upload zipped documents? How do you configure the MaxCompressedArchivedFileSize? As far as I know, if the Forefront block the files, you will find something in Incidents and Quarantine.

Regards,

Nick Gu - MSFT
    Monday, February 14, 2011 6:14 AM
  • It seems that that might be a bug of the ForeFront or MOSS: they did not pick up the configuration change right away, and did not put files or any records in Incidents and Quarantine.

After rebooting the MOSS server (because of some other updates though), it works!

• Marked as answer by Guangming Monday, February 14, 2011 4:01 PM
    Monday, February 14, 2011 4:01 PM