none
How do you script "Run backup to tape job again" for an active alert? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm developing this script to handle DPM alerts. Currently when the recommended alert action is ‘ReRun’ the job is resubmitted. http://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcenter/en-us/4b0b785b-434c-4f3a-98bf-98202e5e4645

I'm trying to expand the script to handle CC,SCGrow,ReplicaGrow and BackupToTapeFailedAlert failures.

I think BackupToTapeFailedAlert should be relatively easy to resubmit but I can’t find the object in the active alert to do that.

In the GUI there is an option “Run backup to tape job again” – does anyone know the powerscript to do this. I'm guessing it must be possible against the active alert. I can get the DatasourceID so I could try and submit a tape job against that.

Any help is much appreciated.

John

Thursday, December 23, 2010 10:49 AM

Answers

• I've updated the code and it now resubmits the tape job after doing a resync (the common fault for my backup to tape)
    • Marked as answer by John Grenfell Wednesday, January 5, 2011 9:06 AM
    Wednesday, January 5, 2011 9:06 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I've added an extra function which lets me create a New RecoveryPoint to disk ... so I'm guessing that I can just change the -Disk param to Tape ... but it would still be good to know if it's possible to do that agains the alter object.

J

Function Run-RecoveryPoint(){
    Param($ProtectionGroupToIndex = "x",$ProtectionServername = "x",$DataSourceType)

$ProductionServerArray = Get-ProductionServer $DPMServer | Sort-Object Name

$ProtectionGroupArray = Get-ProtectionGroup -DPMServer $DPMServer | sort FriendlyName
      $ProtectionGroupArray | FL *
      ForEach ($ProtectionGroup in $ProtectionGroupArray){
        If ($ProtectionGroup.FriendlyName -eq $ProtectionGroupToIndex){
          $DataSource = Get-Datasource $ProtectionGroup | Where-Object {$_.ProductionServerName -eq $ProtectionServername -and $_.Name -eq $DataSourceType}
          $DataSource | FL
          $DPMJob = New-RecoveryPoint -datasource $DataSource -Disk -BackupType expressfull
          $DPMJob | FL
        }
      }

} 

Thursday, December 23, 2010 12:14 PM
  • I've updated the code and it now resubmits the tape job after doing a resync (the common fault for my backup to tape)
    • Marked as answer by John Grenfell Wednesday, January 5, 2011 9:06 AM
    Wednesday, January 5, 2011 9:06 AM