none
Event Viewer

Question

• Overview

Within Custom Views there are 7 categories. Administrative Events displays 2 informative messages for the logs Microsoft-Windows-GWX-Ins/Debug and Microsoft-Windows-GWX-Ins/Operational. The specified channel could not be found. Check ...

The solution. Edit the Custom View Properties and remove the now redundant entries from the XML as the update from W8.1 to W10 has been completed.

Problem

Custom View Properties is marked as Read Only with all options except labels and Cancel greyed out. Using the facility to Export Custom View, edit file as required and then Import Custom View also fails as the view is marked as Read Only. This restriction also applies to Summary page events. Creating a shortcut to eventvwr.msc and assigning the Administrator privilege does not alter this"Read Only" restriction.

Solution

Is there a Registry hack or a Local Policy change that would lift this Read Only restriction and thus enable editing of either view as required by a user.

Summary

I would be grateful to receive a solution or work-around to this problem and if possible an explanation as to why this 'Read Only' restriction was implemented in these 2 categories while the remaining 5 categories can be edited.

Thanking you in advance

• Moved by Just KarlModerator Wednesday, September 16, 2015 7:05 PM Looking for the correct forum.
    Wednesday, September 16, 2015 6:14 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

The Windows Desktop Perfmon and Diagnostic tools forum is to discuss performance monitor (perfmon), resource monitor (resmon), and task manager, focusing on HOW-TO, Errors/Problems, and usage scenarios.

As the question is off topic here, I am moving it to the Where is the Forum... forum.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Wednesday, September 16, 2015 7:04 PM
  • Hello,

If this is specific to Windows 10, I'd ask in the Windows 10 IT Pro forums.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Wednesday, September 16, 2015 7:05 PM