GlobalScape FTP and UAG RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Is something like GlobalScape FTP going to be easy to publish via UAG?

thanks

Thursday, January 13, 2011 10:20 AM

Answers

• Hi Amigo. Well, "passive" and "port" mode are both standard options for the ftp data channel. As the two modes work different, one can be needed for certain situations. For instance, passive mode is the one needed with some NAT devices that are not ftp aware. UAG requires passive mode because in port mode the FTP server would try to open the data channel back to an IP adress looking like 127.0.x.x (the address where the listener of the client runs).

Hope it helps

// Raúl - I love this game
    • Marked as answer by D Wind Monday, January 17, 2011 8:56 AM
    Monday, January 17, 2011 8:42 AM

All replies

• Hi Amigo. FTP servers can be published as long as they require Passive FTP.
    Thursday, January 13, 2011 12:59 PM
  • Ah so UAG will only support a Passive FTP solution - and not the normal FTP method?
    Sunday, January 16, 2011 4:35 AM
  • Done it with TMG using web publishing (GlobalScape supports HTTPS style FTP IIRC), but probably not helpful :)

Jason Jones | Forefront MVP | Silversands Ltd | My Blogs: http://blog.msedge.org.uk and http://blog.msfirewall.org.uk
    Monday, January 17, 2011 12:08 AM
  • Hi Amigo. Well, "passive" and "port" mode are both standard options for the ftp data channel. As the two modes work different, one can be needed for certain situations. For instance, passive mode is the one needed with some NAT devices that are not ftp aware. UAG requires passive mode because in port mode the FTP server would try to open the data channel back to an IP adress looking like 127.0.x.x (the address where the listener of the client runs).

Hope it helps

• Marked as answer by D Wind Monday, January 17, 2011 8:56 AM
    Monday, January 17, 2011 8:42 AM
  • thank you everyone
    Monday, January 17, 2011 8:55 AM