none
How to hide Resource Standard Rate RRS feed

• Question

• Hola,

Is there a way to hide or control the Resource Standard Rate field within the Resource Pool in Project Server 2010.

This information is very sensitive and company's policies are very strict about this.

Thank you in advance for any recommentation.

Regards,

Oscarin

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 4:00 PM

Answers

• Hey,

Unfortunately I don't think that's possible (someone correct me if I'm wrong). Whoever has access to edit resources will be able to see this information. I would suggest to edit permissions in such a way that only the people that should see rate information can edit resources.

Sorry to disappoint

• Marked as answer by Oscarin0557 Wednesday, June 13, 2012 6:12 PM
    Tuesday, June 12, 2012 7:03 PM
  • Hi Oscarin--

Agreed with Paul. No out of box feature to handle this.

Since you are in Customization forum, I would suggest to use a customzied solutions which I implemented for some fo my customers in past. Please note that it has it's own limitations.
    1. We have used the Resource level custom field - Resource Rate Band having value A, B , C....
    2. Created a Table in reporting database where we maintained the Band & value for example A means 50 USD & so..
    3. While settings up the resource account, resource is setup with the Resource rate band value. (Standard rate as 0 that means you won't see the actual cost/planned cost etc , the fields which are having calculation with rates.)
    4. While working on reports, pull the value from custom table to do calculation on reports.

Hope this helps.

If you found this post helpful, please “Vote as Helpful”. If it answered your question, please “Mark as Answer”. Thanks, Amit Khare |EPM Consultant| Blog: http://amitkhare82.blogspot.com http://www.linkedin.com/in/amitkhare82

• Marked as answer by Oscarin0557 Wednesday, June 13, 2012 6:10 PM
    Wednesday, June 13, 2012 6:00 AM
  • It should also  be noted that it is NOT JUST the people with Edit Resources permissions that can see this data. View Resources permissions also allow access to this AND any project manager can see resource rate information for any resource assigned to their projects.

Brian Kennemer - Project MVP
    DeltaBahn Senior Architect
    endlessly obsessing about Project Server…so that you don’t have to.
    Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

• Marked as answer by Oscarin0557 Thursday, June 14, 2012 2:05 PM
    Wednesday, June 13, 2012 6:32 PM

All replies

• Hey,

Unfortunately I don't think that's possible (someone correct me if I'm wrong). Whoever has access to edit resources will be able to see this information. I would suggest to edit permissions in such a way that only the people that should see rate information can edit resources.

Sorry to disappoint

• Marked as answer by Oscarin0557 Wednesday, June 13, 2012 6:12 PM
    Tuesday, June 12, 2012 7:03 PM
  • Hi Oscarin--

Agreed with Paul. No out of box feature to handle this.

Since you are in Customization forum, I would suggest to use a customzied solutions which I implemented for some fo my customers in past. Please note that it has it's own limitations.
    1. We have used the Resource level custom field - Resource Rate Band having value A, B , C....
    2. Created a Table in reporting database where we maintained the Band & value for example A means 50 USD & so..
    3. While settings up the resource account, resource is setup with the Resource rate band value. (Standard rate as 0 that means you won't see the actual cost/planned cost etc , the fields which are having calculation with rates.)
    4. While working on reports, pull the value from custom table to do calculation on reports.

Hope this helps.

If you found this post helpful, please “Vote as Helpful”. If it answered your question, please “Mark as Answer”. Thanks, Amit Khare |EPM Consultant| Blog: http://amitkhare82.blogspot.com http://www.linkedin.com/in/amitkhare82

• Marked as answer by Oscarin0557 Wednesday, June 13, 2012 6:10 PM
    Wednesday, June 13, 2012 6:00 AM
  • Hola Amit,

that's exactly what we're doing, but everyday gets more difficult to maintain this compensation bands, which we based on location and Job level. So we wanted to look for alternatives and use th standard functionality, but recongnizing the sensitivity of information.

Regards,

Oscarin

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 6:12 PM
  • Thank you Paul.

Oscarin

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 6:12 PM
  • It should also  be noted that it is NOT JUST the people with Edit Resources permissions that can see this data. View Resources permissions also allow access to this AND any project manager can see resource rate information for any resource assigned to their projects.

Brian Kennemer - Project MVP
    DeltaBahn Senior Architect
    endlessly obsessing about Project Server…so that you don’t have to.
    Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

• Marked as answer by Oscarin0557 Thursday, June 14, 2012 2:05 PM
    Wednesday, June 13, 2012 6:32 PM
  • That one I didn't know Brian and it's very important. Thank you for the clarification,

Oscarin

Thursday, June 14, 2012 2:07 PM
  • Hi Oscarin

I have the same issue about how to hide the Standard Rate, or how to implement a custom Rate table on the Reporting Database based on different custom fields... do you find more information about it? What solution did you implement?

I'm using Project Server 2010.

Let me know your comments.

Thanks for your help.

Javier Perez

Monterrey, Mexico.

Javier Perez

Tuesday, October 30, 2012 12:11 AM