Getting missed conversation emails even though Skype for Business is open at the conversation with the other person RRS feed

• Question

• Strange and annoying behaviour in Skype for Business.

I have started a conversation with another user and still have that conversation window open - however I don't get their reply in the Skype conversation window but instead get a "Missed Conversation" email in Outlook.

What is going on?  This makes IM completely useless as I might as well just have an email conversation.

Martin Cairney SQL Server MVP

Friday, January 20, 2017 1:12 AM

All replies

• Hi Martin,

Welcome to post in our forum.

Would you please tell us did the issue only appear on the specific SFB client ?

Please try the following troubleshooting steps:
    1. Try to delete SFB cache files and make sure SFB client with the latest update then test again. (%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Lync\sip_UserName@Domain.com)
    2. Use another normal computer test if there is the same issue.
    3. Please try to repair your Office.
    4. Perform a clean boot on your computer.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Hope this reply is helpful to you.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 23, 2017 2:19 AM
  • Still seeing the same behaviour.  It is intermittent though and not always reproduceable, but still get some messages going direct to my missed conversations even though the SfB conversation is open in a SfB window

Martin Cairney SQL Server MVP

Monday, January 30, 2017 6:26 AM
  • Hi Martin,

Thanks for your response.

Because the issue is intermittent, so in my opinion, the issue may be caused by SFB client side, please try to reinstall the SFB client then test again.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Tuesday, February 7, 2017 8:15 AM
    Monday, February 6, 2017 1:45 AM
  • I have had the same problem on multiple computers, and reinstalling SFB would require me to reinstall Office 365/2016 which would be annoying.  Unfortunately other people are having the issue with SFB at my company as well.
    Tuesday, June 26, 2018 11:36 AM