none
Many to Many relationship between two Dimensions and Fact RRS feed

• Question

• I have a request for an attribute in a dimension that has a many-to-many relationship with another dimension.

Here is the case:

• Dimension 1: Employee
    • Dimension 2: Nationality

I have 2 source tables : Employee, Nationality.

One employee can have multiple Nationalities codes. Each Nationality has an ID(code) and a label. A Nationality can belong to many employees.

In my data model the Fact is linked with the Employee and it's recording every change made to some specific fields of the Employee (and other dimensions).

Is it possible to use Bridge Table Method between Employee Dimension and Nationality Dimension and link only the Employee Dimension to my Fact ? If yes, how should I implement this method?

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 1:44 PM

All replies

• Hi Test test tes,

Bridge Tables is Data Warehouse Design Techniques, I suggest you create a new thread in SQL server Data Warehousing Forums. People there will help you more effectively. 
    Hope this could help you.

Best regards,
    Cathy 

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to  MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, September 19, 2019 2:45 AM