Need information related NAT behind the VPN device while configuring Site to Site VPN from Azure to On-premise local network RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

I would like to know how DNS  works where there is a NAT behind the VPN device when site to site VPN is configured between Azure network and On-premise local network .

So , how VMs in azure will be able to connect to VM/physical server placed in On-premise when NAT is placed behind VPN device and not in between VPN device and Azure Virtual Network . Do we have a configure some rule at NAT as well .

Let me know …

Thanks

Rohit

Thursday, March 5, 2015 7:11 PM

All replies

• AFAIK, in Site to Site VPN with Azure, there is no NAT, clients in Azure/On-premise have to see directly the clients in Azure/On-premise. It's a Site-To-Site VPN, clients will not make difference between the network in the LAN or in the other site LAN

Regards, Samir Farhat Infrastructure and Virtualization Consultant Virtualization, Cloud, Azure ? Follow this blog https://buildwindows.wordpress.com/

Friday, March 6, 2015 10:52 AM
  • Hi ,

I was able the work on the above issue . In site to site VPN , Natting configuration needs to be done by on premise Network team using below detail from Azure portal after configuring Azure Gateway .

CISCO Device VPN script

Managed key

Azure gateway ip details .

P.S In my issue , double natting was enabled in On-premises environment which is not supported by Azure S2S VPN. Once switched to single NATting . Machine were able to ping each other .

Thanks

Rohit Bhatt

Monday, March 23, 2015 11:33 AM