got a new laptop with win7, have a question RRS feed

• Question

• I was checking things out and found out this on the desktop gadgets, when I click on it in the control
    panel it says this Desktop Gadgets are managed by your system administer.
    Why can't I access it?

Debbie
    Wednesday, December 2, 2009 4:01 AM

Answers

• Hello Debbie,

For your problem description, I suppose that the desktop gadgets should be disabled on your computer; please directly refer to the following hyperlink to narrow down the problem.

How to Enable or Disable Gadgets in Windows 7

If the problem still persists after enabling the desktop gadgets, be assured that you are logging the system administrator account and not working in a domain environment .

Thanks for your time and understanding!

Andy

• Marked as answer by Andy Song Tuesday, December 8, 2009 11:18 AM
    Wednesday, December 2, 2009 6:40 AM

All replies

• Hello Debbie,

For your problem description, I suppose that the desktop gadgets should be disabled on your computer; please directly refer to the following hyperlink to narrow down the problem.

How to Enable or Disable Gadgets in Windows 7

If the problem still persists after enabling the desktop gadgets, be assured that you are logging the system administrator account and not working in a domain environment .

Thanks for your time and understanding!

Andy

• Marked as answer by Andy Song Tuesday, December 8, 2009 11:18 AM
    Wednesday, December 2, 2009 6:40 AM
  • Thanks for your reply.  Will check that out.  I have another question, what is the Windows Power Shell?  It's listed under programs, do I need it?
    Debbie
    Wednesday, December 2, 2009 8:20 PM
  • Windows Power shell is scripting utility to perform various functions using command line switches or you can develop your own small shell programs to perform particular sort of activites like setting group poilcies and many more....

Its much more useful for an IT Pro or system admininstrator.....
    Wednesday, December 2, 2009 10:03 PM
  • Windows Power shell is scripting utility to perform various functions using command line switches or you can develop your own small shell programs to perform particular sort of activites like setting group poilcies and many more....

Its much more useful for an IT Pro or system admininstrator.....

Oh So I wouldn't be using that.  Can it be removed from win 7 or just leave it alone?  It's listed under accessories.
    Debbie
    Thursday, December 3, 2009 12:08 AM
  • I don't think it can be disabled, I'd just leave it alone.
    Thursday, December 3, 2009 2:11 AM
  • I don't think it can be disabled, I'd just leave it alone.

Oh okay, thanks for the fast relpy.
    Debbie
    Thursday, December 3, 2009 3:57 AM