none
Can't send mails to office 365 form Exchange Server 2013

Question

• Hello Folks!!!, Hope you can help with this incident. We have an Exchange Server 2013 installed in a Windows Server 2012 R2, the mailflow it's working fine, BUT, in the past 2 days, I've detected that my organization cant' send mail to specifics external domains, lets say Domain ABC.external, and Domian XYZ.external, two different domains.

Never the less, We can send to other external domains.

The only thing that I can distiguish from those domains is that both are in Office 365.

Hope you can help me in this!!

Luis Antonio Navarrete Aranda Consultor Senior Akros Solutions Ecuador

Thursday, September 24, 2015 2:27 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello Folks!!!, Hope you can help with this incident. We have an Exchange Server 2013 installed in a Windows Server 2012 R2, the mailflow it's working fine, BUT, in the past 2 days, I've detected that my organization cant' send mail to specifics external domains, lets say Domain ABC.external, and Domian XYZ.external, two different domains.

Never the less, We can send to other external domains.

The only thing that I can distiguish from those domains is that both are in Office 365.

Hope you can help me in this!!

Are senders getting NDRs? Id so, what exactly do they say? If not, what does message tracking show?

Twitter!: Please Note: My Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied.

Thursday, September 24, 2015 2:29 PM
  • Hope you can help me in this!!

Hi, hope you can provide logs\error, that comes back.
    Thursday, September 24, 2015 2:31 PM
  • Hey Doc, thanks for you reply, The exact NDR is 451.4.4.0 DNS Query reply, for me has no sense because is a Office 365 Domain?, when I send a NSLOOKUP to those Domains, they pingback to me.... so Im a little lost in there

Thursday, September 24, 2015 2:41 PM
  • Hi, the NDR says 451.1.10 DNS Query Failed

Thursday, September 24, 2015 2:43 PM
  • Hi, the NDR says 451.1.10 DNS Query Failed

Well, then pursue that from a DNS perspective and ensure the Mailbox servers can resolve the domains correctly

Twitter!: Please Note: My Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied.

Thursday, September 24, 2015 3:14 PM
  • The DNS response it's OK, but the error with Exchange prevails.

Thursday, September 24, 2015 5:17 PM
  • Hi,

According to the NDR, it indicated the issue is related to DNS side.

Please ensure that you have the correct DNS record(MX record,A record) for the Exchange Server.You can use Nslookup to check it.

I suggest you can check your send connector configuration .

You can refer to the below article to adjust it:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3038746

Regards,

David 

Friday, September 25, 2015 2:28 AM