Adding Auto-Complete Dictionary (dot phrases) How To RRS feed

• Question

• I'm developing a large list of canned phrases that I'd like to add to the AutoComplete list but don't want to do them one by one.  Is there a place I can go to just cut and paste in the whole thing?   

I also would like to install this for all my other commrads as well.  I'm not sure there's a way of adding it to all their machines at once; I think I have to go around and add it to them one machine at a time but if there's an easier way, I'm all ears. 

I bought a box of instant water. The problem is, I don't know what to add!

Friday, December 9, 2011 4:59 PM

Answers

• Ha HA!!!  I did it myself!  I found this article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/826147 on how to backup and move the AutoComplete library/dictionary from computer to computer.  When it backed up, it backed the AutoComplete libary to a simple .doc file with a 3 column table in it.   Now all I have to do is enter all my .phrases and their sebsequent expantions (making sure I don't go over 256 characters [I think]), and the "False" RTF value into the table, sort it, save it, and reinstall the file over my old entries with the Support.dot.  Easy Peasy!  I love it when I answer my own questions!! 

Thanks for looking and I hope this helps others as well! 

~Dax

I bought a box of instant water. The problem is, I don't know what to add!

• Marked as answer by Dax ArrowayII Saturday, December 10, 2011 12:38 AM
    • Edited by Dax ArrowayII Saturday, December 10, 2011 12:49 AM
    Saturday, December 10, 2011 12:38 AM