RC2 BSOD After Second Restart (During Upgrade)...PISSED RRS feed

• Question

• Im starting to get very mad, RC1 didnt install correctly, and now RC2 doesnt either...At the end of the installation, "Completing Upgrade",  at around '64%' my machine restarted for the second time. After what had seemed like a normal reboot, I got a BSOD error. I couldn't catch what it said, due to the very small amount of time it was displayed on the screen. After this, like all my other failed installations, the system automatically booted back in to XP Pro. With my install attemps with both RC1 and RC2, there has been an errors like the one described above, at the same point in the upgrade. After the first failed attempt, I tried resetting my BIOS to factory defaults, resulting in the removal of my 10% overclock (Obviously it didnt work). I have no idea what is causing this crash...CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP.

My PC Specs (Running Windows XP Pro):

MOBO: Asus P5GD2-X (BIOS: 1002.002) ; CPU: Intel P4 @ 3.00 GHz (Socket 775); Memory: 2x DDR2 512MB=1024 MB; HDD: 82.34 GB IBM Hitachi Deskstar Serial ATA II 7200 RPM 8MB Buffer SATA; Video: NVIDIA GeForce 6200 @ 256 MB w/ TurboCache;  DrivesBTC (BDV316C) DVD-16X DVD-ROM Drive, Plextor DVDR PX-708A, 3.5" format removeable media (floppy drive)

Thanks in advance.

Tuesday, October 10, 2006 12:51 AM