none
Without my permission Copy or Paste RRS feed

• Question

• Hi
    Sir
    How are you?i hope you are fine.
    i am using window 10 and  i need your help. i want to nobody can't copy  or paste files without my permission from my pc. How it's possible.
    • Edited by Hamza Tiger Saturday, February 20, 2016 4:49 AM
    Saturday, February 20, 2016 4:48 AM

Answers

• Hi Hamza,

Thank you for asking, I am glad to assist you with problem.

According to your description, at first, you could set a password to protect your PC.

If you allow someone to use your PC but don’t allow them to copy your data, in my opinion, you could set a standard user account for those people, then configure the disk’s NTFS permission, only allowing users read files.

Right click disk and select Properties, then go to Security tab and edit the permission of Users.

Hope my clarification is clear.

Best regards,

Teemo Tang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 22, 2016 9:17 AM

All replies

• Your problem is not clear, would you mind explain it in details?

Are you referring to copy and paste files inside your PC or from your PC to other devices.

Saturday, February 20, 2016 4:20 PM
  • Hi Hamza,

Thank you for asking, I am glad to assist you with problem.

According to your description, at first, you could set a password to protect your PC.

If you allow someone to use your PC but don’t allow them to copy your data, in my opinion, you could set a standard user account for those people, then configure the disk’s NTFS permission, only allowing users read files.

Right click disk and select Properties, then go to Security tab and edit the permission of Users.

Hope my clarification is clear.

Best regards,

Teemo Tang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 22, 2016 9:17 AM
  • Hi,
    Would you mind letting me know the result of the suggestions? If you need further assistance, feel free to let me know. I will be more than happy to be of assistance.

Friday, February 26, 2016 8:20 AM