none
noframemerging is not working properly anymore. RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using IE 10.0.9200 on Windows 7 64Bit, now "-noframemerging" is not working properly anymore.

Open a new IE, login with User A.

Open a new IE, login with User B.

Open the User A IE window, click "Duplicate Tab". Then you get a tab with User B Info.

Thursday, May 23, 2013 4:08 AM

Answers

• Open the User A IE window, click "Duplicate Tab". Then you get a tab with User B Info.

I saw something like that yesterday after starting a Hotmail session (e.g. from a pinned website).   I had to logout to get the two accounts straightened out and working normally.  However, in my case I suspect it is just as likely to be due to Windows Live Id Sign-in Assistant...

Apparently in W8 that feature (same service, wlidsvc) is now called  Microsoft Account Sign-in Assistant and it is Stopped?   I wonder why?  What does that imply?   The stranger thing is that the Hotmail (Outlook.com) UI is still acting as if it was working?   YMMV.   Note that my accounts are both linked ICIM.

Anyway, my point is that I think there are more variables than just that IE command-line switch, that were poorly documented or not well understood in the first place and that new quirks are just as likely to be caused by them as by IE.   I don't know what we would need to do to try to untangle them and try to get some predictable results.

C.f.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/reportabug/thread/adfa6ee5-42fc-4b22-af40-61eebcc7ff6d

FYI

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Thursday, May 23, 2013 5:23 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Open the User A IE window, click "Duplicate Tab". Then you get a tab with User B Info.

I saw something like that yesterday after starting a Hotmail session (e.g. from a pinned website).   I had to logout to get the two accounts straightened out and working normally.  However, in my case I suspect it is just as likely to be due to Windows Live Id Sign-in Assistant...

Apparently in W8 that feature (same service, wlidsvc) is now called  Microsoft Account Sign-in Assistant and it is Stopped?   I wonder why?  What does that imply?   The stranger thing is that the Hotmail (Outlook.com) UI is still acting as if it was working?   YMMV.   Note that my accounts are both linked ICIM.

Anyway, my point is that I think there are more variables than just that IE command-line switch, that were poorly documented or not well understood in the first place and that new quirks are just as likely to be caused by them as by IE.   I don't know what we would need to do to try to untangle them and try to get some predictable results.

C.f.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/reportabug/thread/adfa6ee5-42fc-4b22-af40-61eebcc7ff6d

FYI

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Thursday, May 23, 2013 5:23 PM
    Answerer
  • I experienced the same issue when I went from IE9 to IE11 on Win 7 x64.

Apparently what does the trick is to use the old -nomerge instead. I have tested it and seems to be working (I'm at work so I cannot put more time into it for the moment). Again, this is in IE11, not sure if it will work on IE10 either. 

Hope it serves

• Proposed as answer by John Reilly Wednesday, October 29, 2014 11:18 AM
    Thursday, November 21, 2013 11:04 AM