none
DPM Database is not being Protected. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi 

We have only one DPM server DPM 2012 R2, so I configured it to backup its own database. A protection Group which create 1 recovery point to disk everyday and weekly write to Tape. All things are going smoothly with this protection group, but while receiving report I am getting message that DPM database isn't  being protected. Is there any other different way to add its own database to protection group? I simply added its database to protection group just like another normal DB server. Any idea..!! Let me know if it is another method to protect it.

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 3:31 PM

Answers

• Hi,

DPM only counts tape backups when generating the report.  It runs this SQL Stored procedure to get the last non-expired tape backup for the DPMDB.   Run this stored procedure manually in SQL management studio and see if it returns anything.   Change the @DatasourceName string to match your DPM SQL Configuration and DPMDB name.

exec dbo.prc_MM_GetLatestDPMDBDataset @DatasourceName='SQL_SERVERNAME\INSTANCENAME\DPMDBNAME'

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 7:17 PM

All replies

• Hi,

DPM only counts tape backups when generating the report.  It runs this SQL Stored procedure to get the last non-expired tape backup for the DPMDB.   Run this stored procedure manually in SQL management studio and see if it returns anything.   Change the @DatasourceName string to match your DPM SQL Configuration and DPMDB name.

exec dbo.prc_MM_GetLatestDPMDBDataset @DatasourceName='SQL_SERVERNAME\INSTANCENAME\DPMDBNAME'

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 7:17 PM
  • Thanks Mike, I will check and revert back.
    Wednesday, March 26, 2014 2:07 PM
  • Thanks Mike,

Its working now.

Wednesday, March 26, 2014 4:07 PM