none
Saved Search Folders is killing performance for a user

Question

• I just created a few Saved Search's, and now we can't get into the user's mailbox.

Outlook 2010

Exchange 2010 SP3

Suggestions?

Thanks

Ron

Monday, March 27, 2017 9:03 PM

All replies

• Hi Ron,

>> I just created a few Saved Search's, and now we can't get into the user's mailbox.

What do you mean by "can't get into the user's mailbox"?
    Is there any error message when the issue occurs?
    Would you please share the steps to reproduce the issue or share some screenshots about your problem then we can help you better?

Any findings, please feel free to post back.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 7:37 AM
  • Yuki,

When I say "can't get into user's mailbox," I mean that Outlook 2010 is just hanging at the splash screen.  When I go to the TaskMgr, Outlook.exe is not responding.  After 10 or so minutes, Outlook finally opens up.  Even OWA was having problems (i.e., server not responding) accessing the mailbox.  At this point while in Outlook, Outlook is hardly still responding.  After deleting the Saved Searches, Outlook was responding normally.

Create a Search Folder - Go to Folder tab.  Select New Search Folder.  Select Mail with specific words.  Select Choose and add specific words....

I created three saved search's.  Outlook immediately started going downhill after the first saved search.

Thanks

Ron

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 3:18 PM
  • Hi Ron,

Thanks for the update.

I tested in my Outlook 2010 (14.0.6106.5005, 62-bit) with the steps you mentioned above, but did not encounter the issue.

What's the detailed version of your Outlook?
    How about starting Outlook in safe mode(Press Win + R, type "outlook /safe", press Enter.) and check if there will be any improvement?

Besides, please have a check in Event Viewer when the issue occurs, and see if anything useful was recorded out there.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 8:59 AM