none
DPM 2010 - Backup CSV's - EMC Hardware Provider RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys

I am testing backups for Hyper-V  (standalone & clustered (CSV)) with DPM 2010....

Stand alone Host backups are working fine.

CSV are a pain in the neck (due to redirected access).

I know i need hardware VSS provider.

Can someone help me with a right EMC Hardware VSS provider and implementation for CSV's.

The VHD's are currently on CX3-40.

We will be migrating them to NS-480.

Please Help.

• Moved by MarcReynolds Monday, December 20, 2010 2:02 PM (From:Data Protection Manager)
    Monday, December 20, 2010 1:48 PM

Answers

• Hi ,

The current list of tested vss hardware providers can be located here:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/dpm/archive/2010/02/05/tested-hardware-vss-provider-table.aspx

For those SAN's not listed does not mean they will not work, but have not been tested.  Please contact the SAN vendor for other models to get the correct provider.  The hardware provider must support Auto-Recovery snapshots in order to work with DPM backups.  Perhaps someone else in the forum is familiar with your SAN model number and the correct VSS provider to install. 

Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Monday, December 20, 2010 11:55 PM

All replies

• Hi ,

The current list of tested vss hardware providers can be located here:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/dpm/archive/2010/02/05/tested-hardware-vss-provider-table.aspx

For those SAN's not listed does not mean they will not work, but have not been tested.  Please contact the SAN vendor for other models to get the correct provider.  The hardware provider must support Auto-Recovery snapshots in order to work with DPM backups.  Perhaps someone else in the forum is familiar with your SAN model number and the correct VSS provider to install. 

Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Monday, December 20, 2010 11:55 PM
  • If the above suggested answer does not help in resolving the thread then please re-open it.
    Cheers, Tyler F [MSFT] - This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Friday, January 7, 2011 2:36 PM