Computer turning on when external power supply is turned on RRS feed

• Question

• With the new update for Windows 10, my computer is now automatically turning on, when I turn on my external power supply. The external power supply starts beeping because the computer is drawing power when it isn't ready. Is there a way to adjust that setting back to normal where I turn on the computer manually?  This is making me crazy.
    Sunday, October 23, 2016 4:42 PM

Answers

• Normally this would be related to a BIOS settings. So can you check the BIOS settings of the computer looking at power settings when the power is established. You would need to check the documentation for you system on how to do that. Check they are set to no power on.

Also would be worth seeing there is any BIOS update for you system as that may include fixes for issues like this.

Sunday, October 23, 2016 6:37 PM
  • Hi ,

To my knowledge, none of system settings can affect this. Please refer to Mr Happy's suggestion to check the BIOS settings at first. In addition, I have seen some user has this issue before. He changed to a new external power supply fixed the issue. There is a possibility that your power supply is not working well.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 25, 2016 5:45 AM

All replies

• Normally this would be related to a BIOS settings. So can you check the BIOS settings of the computer looking at power settings when the power is established. You would need to check the documentation for you system on how to do that. Check they are set to no power on.

Also would be worth seeing there is any BIOS update for you system as that may include fixes for issues like this.

Sunday, October 23, 2016 6:37 PM
  • Hi ,

To my knowledge, none of system settings can affect this. Please refer to Mr Happy's suggestion to check the BIOS settings at first. In addition, I have seen some user has this issue before. He changed to a new external power supply fixed the issue. There is a possibility that your power supply is not working well.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 25, 2016 5:45 AM