ACT 5.6 Windows XP Reports RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

I am planing my personal Windows 7 Migration and am just trying to get a list of applications in use. Therefore I installed Microsoft ACT 5.6 and configured everything. MSI was deployed via GPO and the reports are filling my HD. But I am not seeing any of them in the analyze section of ACT 5.6. Besides I don't see any option to add Windows XP to the OS architectures.

can anyone tell me how it's done?

thank you

Thursday, April 11, 2013 10:03 AM

Answers

All replies

• Ok, I checked that the quick reports only tell me whether applications are compatible with my new OS. In my case that will be Windows 7. Despite that no reports are processed from the ACT clients on my desktops. In the meantime I collected 328 reports in cabinet file format. When I select "send and receive" in ACT on my server no reports are displayed.

How do I get ACT to process these reports?

thanks

Friday, April 12, 2013 7:11 AM
  • Hi mat156,

I suggest you refer to following article to retry to send and receive compatibility data:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc749319(v=ws.10).aspx

Best regards,

Karen Hu

• Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Friday, April 26, 2013 5:03 AM
    Friday, April 12, 2013 10:49 AM
  • Hi Karen Hu,

I already sent and received the compatibility data but I still have this problem.

There are just reports for Windows 7, Vista, Internet Explorer and Update Impact Reports.
    And I also can't add Windows XP to the "Operating System Architectures" via Customizing.

Meanwhile, there are 96 cab-files in my log folder, so there must be a good database.

What can I do?

Thanks and best regards!

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 6:42 AM