External Data Source not visible while creating Content Source RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

I have created a External Content Type using Visual studio 2012,which extract from Oracle Database.

We are able to populate the data in SharePoint List. As the Data volume is nearly about 50,000 we are trying configuring  search on the External Content Type.

When I am adding a Content Source while creating a search and try to select the external data source, Under the  "Crawl selected external data source" Option No Data Source is visible.

But when I tried to create a External Content Type using SharePoint designer and trying to do the same operation using SQL Server as external data source, I am able to see the External Data source Under "Crawl selected external data source" Option.

Can anybody suggest is there any configuration I am missing while creating  External Content Type using Visual studio 2012.

Thanks

Sambit

Friday, September 28, 2012 7:07 AM

All replies

• Hi Sambit,

You should implement an IdEnumerator method. An IdEnumerator method instance on the external system enables you to return the field values that represent the identity of Entity instances of a specific Entity. The IdEnumerator input is defined by filter descriptors that are contained in the method that contains the IdEnumerator to get the list of IDs—the unique keys for each entity that should be searchable. This method instance enables external data search in Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010. Please take a look at this article Implementing an IdEnumerator

Dmitry

Lightning Tools LogoLightning Tools Check out our SharePoint tools and web parts | Lightning Tools Blog

Monday, October 1, 2012 7:34 AM