Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Error on Windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• So I am having a problem and believe that it is Virus or malware whatever related. upon start up i get a pop up that states

"Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Program ...

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information."

first off I don't know what application could do this. I just manually removed Spyware Clear from my pc's C: drive using dos prompting... i havent done that in YEARS!!!!! please please please someone help me. I have a lot on this computer and have been updating it over the years... it about 5 years old now and NO I WILL NOT GET RID OF IT! at least not just yet. I really hesitant about windows 8 lol. Thanks a million!

Friday, January 23, 2015 2:37 AM

Answers

• Hi Windows7grl88,

Please type: "chkdsk /r /f" At the Command Prompt.

This kind of error can be caused by Software problem, please try to Place the computer in a clean boot state, which will start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs, and follow the steps in this article to perform a cleanboot:

How to perform a clean boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

If there is anything else regarding this issue, please feel free to post back.

Best Regards,

Anna Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Proposed as answer by AnnaWY Sunday, February 8, 2015 9:23 AM
    • Marked as answer by Michael_LS Monday, February 9, 2015 1:39 AM
    Thursday, January 29, 2015 5:09 AM

All replies

• You could run the System File Checker tool for troubleshooting.

Open the command prompt windows as administrator.

Type sfc /scannow and press the Enter button.

Friday, January 23, 2015 6:29 AM
  • Hi Windows7grl88,

Please type: "chkdsk /r /f" At the Command Prompt.

This kind of error can be caused by Software problem, please try to Place the computer in a clean boot state, which will start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs, and follow the steps in this article to perform a cleanboot:

How to perform a clean boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

If there is anything else regarding this issue, please feel free to post back.

Best Regards,

Anna Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Proposed as answer by AnnaWY Sunday, February 8, 2015 9:23 AM
    • Marked as answer by Michael_LS Monday, February 9, 2015 1:39 AM
    Thursday, January 29, 2015 5:09 AM