Outlook 2007 with Exchange 2010, Error synchronizing subscribed folders RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm a newbee to this forum.

I've just recently installed a new Exchange 2010 Server and wanted to test IMAP connectivity with an Outlook 2007 workstation on XP SP3.

I receive the following error message when I try to send and receive.

Task 'Synchronizing subscribed folder for user@domain.com 'reported error (0x800CCCD2): "Outlook cannot synchronize subscribed folders for usera@domain.com Error: the server responded. REFERRAL imap://;AUTH="@mailserver.domain.com/*] The requested mailbox is not available on this server.' if you continue to receive this message contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP)"

Prior to the upgrade it was working fine when I was connecting to an Exchange 2003 Server. However after moving the client to the Exchange 2010 I now get the above error.

Has anyone seen this error before?

Thanks in adavanced
    BV

Saturday, November 12, 2011 6:30 PM

Answers

• How many Exchange servers do you have?  The client must be pointed to the client access server.
    Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    • Edited by Ed CrowleyMVP Saturday, November 12, 2011 7:16 PM
    • Marked as answer by Sophia Xu Tuesday, November 15, 2011 2:52 AM
    Saturday, November 12, 2011 7:15 PM

All replies

• How many Exchange servers do you have?  The client must be pointed to the client access server.
    Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    • Edited by Ed CrowleyMVP Saturday, November 12, 2011 7:16 PM
    • Marked as answer by Sophia Xu Tuesday, November 15, 2011 2:52 AM
    Saturday, November 12, 2011 7:15 PM
  • I have 1 Exchange 2003 Server and 1 Exchange 2010.

BVassall bodiddly65@live.com
    Saturday, November 12, 2011 7:41 PM
  • How is your Outlook connected to do this sending and receiving? Is this connection internal or external?  Are you sure the connection is terminating at the Exchange 2010 server and not trying to go to the Exchange 2003 server?
    Sunday, November 13, 2011 1:10 AM
  • Hi Ed,

Thanks for the suggestion. It appears that  we were pointing to the Exchange2003  rather than the Exchange 2010. My issue has been resolved.

Regards,
    BVassall

Monday, November 14, 2011 5:47 PM
  • Hi Boris,

what trick you have done in order to resolve this ?

regards

Atul

Regards Atul
    Tuesday, November 15, 2011 9:46 AM
  • Hi Atul,

after reading Ed's response, It kinda gave pointed me in the right direction. I checked my firewall to make sure that it was pointing to the correct server. In my case it was pointing to our Exchange 2003 Server. After adjusting my firewall rule to point to our Exchange 2010 server that appeared to have resolved the issue and the error message went away.

Regards,
    BVassall

Tuesday, November 15, 2011 2:45 PM
  • Thanks Boris,

I'll check for these settings with my network admin,

let me share more ....

I am in a process of upgrading/migrating my Exchange server environment to Exchange 2010 server, in that regards I have installed Exchange 2010 and doing OK with downloading mails in domain environment (when logged on domain and outlook is configured )and in OWA. but some how not able to get mails working for Outlook Anywhere....
    here is the error which I am getting when trying to download mails with IMAP/POP configuration

Task 'Synchronizing subscribed folders for test@example.com.' reported error (0x800CCCD2) : 'Outlook cannot synchronize subscribed folders for test@example.com. Error: The server responded: 'REFERRAL imap://;AUTH=*@CSEM.example.com/*] The requested mailbox is not available on this server.'. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'
    The above messages indicates (errors) lot-many things , do you consider any-other option to check for ?
    Regards
    Atul A

Regards Atul
    Tuesday, November 15, 2011 3:26 PM
  • Atul,

I guess the next step that I would try would be to see if I could setup outlook 2007/2010 internally using imap and see if that works. Next I would verify with the network admin what other devices may be between your mail server and firewall. For example, a mail firewall. Also, try seeing if you can telnet on port 110 to the Exchange server internally. If this doesn't work then you have a problem with the way imap is configured.

Perhaps someone else on this forum can offer further insight.

Hope this helps and Good luck.
    BVassall

Tuesday, November 15, 2011 5:09 PM
  • hi,

Sorry  for the delayed reply,

actually the error turned out to be  Exchange certificate error.

this url http://www.nthelp.com/50/Outlook_error_codes.htm  help me to get this issues fixed.

here they have mentioned  error code : 0x800CCC02 = INVALID CERTIFICATE DATE so Get your certificate re-issued by your authority server 

in fact I was getting mentioned error when I tested it with Exchange server's default certificate.so Created new valid certificate , issued it , installed it.

And issue is resolved now.

Regards
    Atul A

Regards Atul
    Wednesday, January 4, 2012 12:37 PM