none
Clean install of DPM 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• I've had various problems with updating an eval to full retail DPM, and would like to do a clean delete of the existing data (nothing needs to be kept) so I can do a clean install. If I just do an uninstall from the Programs and Features control panel, will that be enough, or do I have to delete the hidden data stores with Computer Management?

PS: does the "Alert me" feature on this forum work? It certainly doesn't for me.

Tuesday, September 7, 2010 4:46 AM

Answers

• Owen,

If you want to be super-clean uninstall DPM via the Programs and Features applet in Control Panel. You may also remove SQL the same way. I've not needed to remove anything outside of just the uninstalls.

/Steve

Steve L [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Marked as answer by OwenWatson Wednesday, September 8, 2010 2:35 AM
    Tuesday, September 7, 2010 1:49 PM

All replies

• Owen,

If you want to be super-clean uninstall DPM via the Programs and Features applet in Control Panel. You may also remove SQL the same way. I've not needed to remove anything outside of just the uninstalls.

/Steve

Steve L [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Marked as answer by OwenWatson Wednesday, September 8, 2010 2:35 AM
    Tuesday, September 7, 2010 1:49 PM
  • Many thanks. It asked me about deleting data, etc, and at the end came up with detailed messages about what I needed to do manually (delete users, volumes, databases, etc etc). I used Programs and Features to remove SQL Server 2008 and their associated instances. After that it all went well. Ta!
    Wednesday, September 8, 2010 2:41 AM