none
Windows 7 , Internet Explorer 11 , How do you Deleting a specific webpage cookie with a batch or vbs file process?

Question

• There is a website that users login in to resolve remote issues,

The Login screen appears, they login. All is Fine.

They Logoof the Website.

Try to Login Again and just get a white screen.

I determined the issue is caused by a cookie the website drops into IE Temporary Folder.

As I delete that cookie and the login screen again appears and they can login, but process repeats when they logout.

I searched the Internet and found the following batch file that will delete all cookies....

@echo off

set Cookies=C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\

del /q /s /f "%Cookies%"

How do I change it to just delete 1 Cookie?

The cookie would be:

C:\Users\supcbn\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\cookie:supcbn@cn16.airwatchportals.com/

Thursday, January 28, 2016 6:29 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Your developers, software providers need to change the way they are ending the user session! (Logout)... In asp.net there is a session_end method that can be used to close the ISS session and clear any session variables.... there should be no need to update the client cookie with session state.

It is unusually to store session state information in a cookie on the client....

Writing a batch file to delete cookies for a particular site is counter intuitive when the real problem lies with the way the software has been designed.

Alternatively, you could add the site/domain to your IE Privacy cookies list. (Internet Options>Privacy tab) which will block all cookies from that domain (and any other third-party), but that will force users to login in each time they visit the site.

Regards.

Rob^_^

Friday, January 29, 2016 3:33 AM