none
DPM Backup error RRS feed

• Question

• Hello There,

We are using DPM 2012 and protected system is windows 2008 R2.

From last week I got below error

Description: The replica of System Protection C:\ Protection on systemname.domainname.com is inconsistent with the protected data source. All protection activities for data source will fail until the replica is synchronized with consistency check. You can recover data from existing recovery points, but new recovery points cannot be created until the replica is consistent. 

For SharePoint farm, recovery points will continue getting created with the databases that are consistent. To backup inconsistent databases, run a consistency check on the farm. (ID 3106)
    Task is cancelled because some other task in agent is not responding on systemname.domainname.com machine. (ID 32557 Details: Internal error code: 0x809909C1)

Please help me

Thank you

Wednesday, February 6, 2013 3:05 PM

All replies

• Hi

Do you have enough space in your pools and on the server you protecting?

If you run a manual consistency check does it go through or does it also fail?

Thursday, February 7, 2013 11:05 AM
  • Thank you

Yes I have more then enough space.

Thursday, February 7, 2013 4:56 PM
  • I think more information is needed:

Is the client a VM or a physical machine?

are there other dpm clients being used and are they working?

Did the backup job work before? has it ever worked? is it a new job?

i suggest dumping your DPM server volume list along with a volume list of the dpm agent server.

If it is a job that worked before but has failed now, what has changed? updates? reboots? new software? domain changes?

are there any other jobs still running on that server or on that volume?

have you checked your vssadmin list providers and vssadmin list writers

are there any providers besides the MS provider?

are there any writers stuck or having errors?

If its a new job/server to be protected have you verified that the server matches the DPM client protection software and hardware requirements?

remember to check FW, AV and other backup softwares for possible interferences as well (disable them one by one if unsure)

Friday, February 8, 2013 12:30 PM